Thursday, November 25, 2010

Review - Puck'n Wings

(Corner of Bloor/Walmer)
First off, it's a damn hockey bar, so I wasn't hoping for much.

But, I was assured the wings were top notch, all good.
I ordered 2 pounds - Dragon & dry Cajun.

At first I was excited, they looked hand cut, not mechanically cut. But that was an illusion on one wing. They looked good enough, a decent size.
The sauce and rub were pretty good and they tasted alright. Not top notch, but better than overrated Duffs, for sure.

But something seemed weird. I should've listened to my spidey senses.
We also had a beer problem, Barb's beer was off-tasting. They eventually gave her a fresh one.
Back to the wings. They made me sick as a dog, bad times. Undercooked, I think.

And then the bill - paying over $40 for 2 pints and 2 pounds without chips is borderline criminal.
So this is a pass from me. 2 out of 5, maybe.
I need to get myself to Shagwell's stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment